Congratulations! You have decided to come to Vancouver to improve your English skills and we want to ensure that your time in Vancouver is useful, happy, and fulfilling.
We have personally inspected every home that we recommend as a Homestay. Based upon your student application, we will carefully match you with a family that we believe will make your stay in Vancouver enjoyable and memorable.
We will email you a profile of your host family and, if possible, provide you with an email address so that you can correspond with your new Canadian family before coming to Vancouver.
However, before arriving, there are a few things you should note to make your stay successful.
- Be considerate of family members and respect household rules.
- Be responsible for your personal sundries (ie: toothpaste, shampoo, etc.).
- Inform the family if you will not be home for dinner.
- Inform the family if you will be away overnight.
- Give 2 weeks notice to the family if you are changing your living arrangements.
- Make an effort to participate in family activities when invited.
- Invite guests to the home only with the host family’s permission.
- Keep your room clean, and tidy up after yourself in common areas of the house.
VIC Representatives are available to meet you at the airport and take you to your new homestay.
When you leave the customs area, the person meeting you will be holding a sign with your name on it.
Depending on the location of your homestay, the trip into Vancouver is approximately 20-40 minutes.